Creativity is energy—powerful, beautiful, and transcending. At times we’re full of creativity and indulge freely and excitedly in its expression. At other times our creative energy is low and we crave inspiration to get us going again. Where do you go when your creativity ebbs and flows?
Here’s a collection of our favorite places to inspire and express creativity:
Express Your Creativity
- Share a Story:
- What is it? Share a Story is a global social initiative that provides a platform for storytelling. People from 22 countries have shared their stories with the world. A 1,000-1,400 word story submission is all it takes.
- What they say: It’s in our nature to enjoy stories. Whether we tell, read, or listen to one, stories just have that magic quality. They take our minds somewhere else, allowing us to see and feel things that don’t even have to be right in front of us.
- What is it? Canva is an amazingly simple online graphic design and photo editing platform that anyone can use to create beautiful, graphic art. No experience required.
- What they say: Canva makes design simple for everyone. Create designs for Web or print: blog graphics, presentations Facebook covers, flyers, posters, invitations and so on.
- What is it? IFriday is a weekly illustration challenge. A topic is posted every Friday and participants have a week to come up with their own interpretation and show it off to the Illustration Friday world.
- What they say: A super fun weekly illustration challenge, plus daily inspiration, resources and more!
- What is it? Wix is cloud-based DIY web development platform for anyone to create amazing websites using simple tools, templates, galleries and more.
- What they say: No creative limits, no coding, just complete freedom to express yourself and manage your entire website online.
Inspire Your Creativity
- The Creative Spark TED talks:
- What is it? Love TED talks? We do too. The Creative Spark is a playlist of 7 TED talks that answer in different ways, what makes us create and innovate?
- What they say: Here, wildly creative thinkers share ideas and insight into what kindles genius.
- What is it? Instructables is a place that lets you explore, document and share your DIY creations. Get inspired by woodworking masterpieces, homemade drones, people making things with yarn, watercolor cakes, and audiodesk circuits, just to name a few.
- What they say: Share what you make!
- Hello Bauldoff:
- What is it? A collection of interesting, out-of-context photos, art collections and designs, that inspires your own ingenious interpretations.
- What they say: Hello Bauldoff is a greeting of multifarious stimuli as observed by designer and writer, Joe Bauldoff.
- One Big Photo:
- What is it? A place to see and submit awe-inspiring photos of action, animals, space, nature, urban, people, macro and more.
- What they say: Your daily does of high quality photos organized in a wide range of cool categories.
- What is it? A Webby-nominated blog that explores art and other aspects of visual culture. Each week you’ll find 15-25 posts on photography, design animation, painting, installation art, architecture, drawing, street art.
- What they say: Colossal is also a great place to learn about the intersection of art and science as well as the beauty of the natural world. There are frequently posts about things far out in left field, but generally Colossal is a reminder that in the digital age there are still countless people making incredible work with their bare hands.
Read similar blogs below:
- Best Documentaries to Watch for Creative Inspiration
- 15 of the Best Blogs to Follow for Creative Inspiration
- Creative Careers - Putting your creativity to good use!
WunderLand is a team of Talent Acquisition Experts who connect companies with in-demand digital, marketing and creative talent. The experience, insight and market knowledge we provide have earned us loyalty and a reputation for quality.